Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Butterfly Knife Saga Continues!

Third email from the MTC

Date: Thu 17 Sept 2009 1:07 PM

Hey guys what’s up!

So here’s what’s going on this week in my life. Every Saturday I get to go out tracting on the streets of Buenos Aires. Well last Saturday was crazy! My companion and I got sent to the most ghetto area! It seriously looked like a war zone! This apartment we were walking by caught on fire and people were running around really frantically, but no fire department showed up. There are packs of dogs everywhere and nobody speaks English which makes it even tougher. But it was still a blast and I loved being able to testify to those people who were willing to listen.

Argentina is crazy. Dad, if you thought Las Vegas traffic was bad; you should come check this place out. There are 13 million people here and there are no intersections, just round-abouts.

Well, pretty much besides that nothing really too exciting has happened. I can look forward to serving six more weeks here and then I go to Uruguay, which I’m much anticipating.

I can’t see any of the pictures you have sent me, but if you wanna send me a package here to the MTC do it. It just needs to be small, like very small. I see people getting packages here all the time. Put a couple of Snickers bars in it and also my butterfly knife please. A lot of missionaries are receiving knives from home, so don’t think I’ll be the only one to have one.

The people here are so kind and I love to serve them. I know that even though this is the hardest thing I have ever done, that I’m in the place the Lord intended me to be. I´m having a blast! Thank you for all your emails and your support. I love you all!

Elder John Sluder

P.S. Dad I did check my account, but I don’t really have any big purchases planned. I can’t really check my blog, but I think that’s great. I don’t think for now I can send any pictures, so when I get to Montevideo I’ll send you my memory card in the mail and then you can send it back or whatever you wanna do. I love you; oh and please send me my knife.

3 comments:

  1. His knife? Is that allowed? I guess for the ghetto areas???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me be included in these blogs. I am sharing these with BJ too, so he will know what to expect on his mission that's just around the corner!! -- Keep up the good work Elder Sluder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! He wants his knife! That is so funny. Sounds like he is getting alot of erm...experiance. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete