Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The First Email

The total flight time to Buenos Aires was about 13 hours. The first leg of John's flight departed Salt Lake at 3:00 PM and arrived in Dallas about 6:30 PM. He then transferred to his flight to Buenos Aires, which departed at 7:35. About 3 hours into his flight, he used the airphone to make a quick call home and let us know that he had made his flight and was on his way. In the morning, I was surprised to receive his first email saying that he had arrived. Here is the text of the email:

Hey Mom and Dad

I have landed safely and I'm now at the MTC. It's pretty interesting here! There is alot of stuff going on and everyone but me and my companion Elder Stilwell are busy, so now I have just a few minutes to email ya. Sorry about the knife thing in the airport... ha ha ha. It's just typical me I guess. I really had no idea it was in there at all. Well, I love you a whole lot and I'm doing well, even though I'm very tired. Well, thanks for everything. I will be able to email you every Thursday (which is my p-day), so just be ready for em I guess. Well, love ya and have fun!


Love, Elder John Sluder

Short and sweet, but very much appreciated by Dad.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that John had a good trip and arrived safely. Now we all have something to look forward to on Thursdays!! John, I hope you are good at typing a lot pretty quickly because we want all the juicy details-lol!

    ReplyDelete