Monday, February 28, 2011

Things in 33 are Getting Better

February 28, 2011
Dear Mom and Dad,

Well it was a complete miracle, but we did it. On Saturday we had another BAPTISM!!!!! Her name is Tania. She is 13 years old and was baptized by my companion. On Sunday I confirmed her in sacrament meeting. Things here in 33 are finally starting to look like they’re getting better. I’m trying hard to be the most positive person I can possibly be and so far it’s working… HA HA HA. Next week we have district conference (It’s like stake conference, but were not a stake yet). I’m super excited. They say we will have a general authority show up, so we shall see how it goes. We also have a giant baptism planned for after the meeting on Sunday. So far we don’t have anyone to baptize, but we shall see what we can do to get someone in the font for Sunday.

I wasn’t able to read your emails until today because the 5 hour time difference didn’t give us enough time. No worries.... To answer your question Dad, no, I can’t look at my email on any day other than p-day.

Yeah this week I’ll be starting up my 19th month on the mission. Time flies super fast and it seems like it’s going faster every day. I’m not too sure if I’ll be removed from 33 this next change. My companion is finishing up and will be going home. So if they take me out too, they have to do what is called a “whitewash” (both missionaries from the companionship are removed). It is not a very common thing to whitewash, especially with zone leaders. But I’ve seen stranger things before so we shall see. Anyway, I figure I can last here for a forth transfer. (Six months)Besides all of this, we had a pretty strange week.

I don’t really want to buy a bike. I figure I won’t be in Uruguay much longer anyways. But I do have an older bike that I can fix up. So if you would send me sufficient this week just to get the bike fixed, it should be good. I figure no more that 30 bucks should do the job.

Well I love you all and thanks for all that you have done for me. I was wondering if Makell ever showed up a few weeks ago.

Like I said before, thank you for everything and I look forward to seeing you soon.

I love you guys,

ELDER SLUDER

No comments:

Post a Comment