Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Hard Week and a Stolen Bike

February 21, 2011

Dear Mom and Dad,

Well that was a real fun week, let me tell ya! This past week really kicked my butt! Last Monday night, I was sitting in a home, teaching a lesson when I heard a familiar sound outside. I stood up super fast and ran out the door because it sounded like the squeaking pedals on my bike. I was exactly right and saw a kid on my bike riding away. I ran fast to my companion’s bike and took off to chase the kid. I followed him for about 7 blocks then saw him turn into a really bad neighborhood. I followed him for a little while longer, and then lost him. I asked the people at a well known druggy house if they had seen the kid. They were not very helpful, then remembering that my companion was nowhere in sight, I quickly hurried to find him. In the end, I have a pretty good idea where my bike went, but I figure now it is painted a different color or it’s in pieces. So yeah my bike got stolen… Luckily I didn’t really spend anything for it, but I did have to pay to fix it several times. So it’s a shame that it’s now gone.

I’m currently using the bike of a member here in the branch. It’s very old and often is broken, but that’s all there is. Ha ha ha… It’s been quite an inconvenience. I will not go out and buy a new bike. I have too little time left in my mission. For now I will just suffer.

We’ve been losing several good investigators lately and it made this week even more difficult. We had some really well planned lessons, but it seemed like every time we would show up, the people either weren’t there or they didn’t want us to come by anymore. It’s been awful, let me tell you. So we have been looking for new investigators and for now haven’t had much luck.

Tomorrow is zone conference and I look forward to learning something new and enjoying a nice day of spiritual experiences. We always have awesome experiences at our zone conferences, so it should make for a much more enjoyable day tomorrow.

Besides all of these challenges and my difficult week of work, I’m really doing great!!! I’m still somewhat excited and am looking forward to what the Lord has in store for us this week. We have no scheduled baptisms for now, but I’ll let you know when we do.

For now, know that I am fine Thank you guys for everything and I really miss you.

Love, your son,
Elder John Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment