Tuesday, October 12, 2010

We are Flying!!!

October 11, 2010

Dear Family,

Well, I am extremely saddened to hear about my brother. Steven, I love you and I will continue to pray for you and hope that you have a speedy recovery. Beth, I will be thinking of you and your children also. Thank you Dad for letting me know. If there is anything I can do, let me know. I don’t think I can do much of anything for ya here in Uruguay, but if there’s anything let me know.

I’m continuing to just work hard and baptize as of right now. I didn´t actually baptize Victoria, Elder Young did. But yesterday I did confirm her in sacrament meeting. She was the first person I have ever confirmed in my life and I didn’t even do it in my native language. It was pretty cool.

I’m sending you pictures of her baptism. This first picture is Victoria and her father with me and Elder Young.


The second picture is of Victoria and Alexandra. I baptized Alexandra about a month ago.


And the last picture is of me and Elder Young inside the chapel with Victoria right before her baptism.



We have another baptism scheduled for next Saturday. Her name is Yamila and she is 10 years old. Her family was inactive for a long time. We have now reactivated the family and we’re working on getting them through the temple. Her baptism is a big deal because now she can be sealed to her parents.

The other day we found another family of six. They have all accepted the invitation to be baptized. It was truly a miracle. We are hoping that when we go back this week, we will set the baptismal date for the 30th of October. We are flying!!!! Last Tuesday in my leadership meeting, President Da Silva told me that my district was one of the most successful districts in the mission (for the last change). The zone leaders wanted to know how I did it and how they could see the same results with the districts in their zones. I didn’t really know how to respond to be honest. I just said, well I don’t know, I guess I just got lucky and got a really good group of missionaries. It sure made me feel good let me tell ya.

So as I said, as of right now, we are flying!!!!! This change is will be equally as successful, if not more so. Well I love you and I hope that you all take care.

Love, Elder Sluder

PS: Dad, I will be taking money out of my account today. I need to fix my shoes again and I need to buy some new sheets and pillow for my bed. My others have become moldy and gross from all the humidity. If you do put money into my account this week, only put in 20 dollars. That way I don’t have the tendency to spend more than that.

PSS: Dad you need to call the mission office and let them know all of your plans for coming here. In the next little bit, they will be putting together my itinerary and you can organize it much better than I ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment