Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Seeing Small Miracles Every Day

October 5, 2010

Dear Family

What a time I am having!!! Well we had changes and guess what? NO CHANGE. I’m still assigned with Elder Young and still baptizing in Bella Italia. We have a baptism planned for the 9th (Victoria) and also have one for the 16th. We plan to schedule even more baptisms in the weeks to come. One baptism a week is the plan and we are convinced that we are going to do so. Life continues to be changing for me. I loved General Conference. I never thought in my whole life that I would really feel that way. It was amazing. I’m so grateful that we have a prophet to guide us and to show us the way. I’m really coming to a sound understanding of how things are in this world and to be honest I’m feeling happier every day. Mom, I saw my You Tube videos on the internet at a member’s home a few weeks ago. They found them and asked me if it was me. I only saw the first part, but I couldn’t believe how my voice sounds and Elder Young didn’t even believe that it was me. It’s so strange how things change. I don’t really know what I’m going to be like when I do get home. At this point I can’t even imagine coming home. Maybe the reality of that will set in after Christmas. We shall see. I love Uruguay.

Last night we had a super spiritual lesson with a less active family. We invited the father to repent and baptize his 10 year old daughter. He broke down and said that he would call the bishop first thing and get it figured out. It’s amazing how the spirit works in people. Our plan is to see this family also go through the temple in a few months. The daughter’s baptism is now planned for the 16th of October.

A few days ago, we found and taught a 20 year old woman. As we began to talk with her, it was very obvious that she and her life were in pieces. She opened up and told us that 2 months ago, she had lost her 7 month old baby. She asked us if her baby was in hell because she never was baptized. I love the restored gospel that teaches us the truth of all things. We reassured her that she can be with her baby once again. We told her that baptism is her answer and that will insure eternal life with her child once again. By the end of the lesson, she had a giant smile on her face and she accepted her baptismal invitation. We plan to baptize her some time in November.

These are just some of the small miracles that we are seeing here. They happen on an almost daily basis and we are seeing the work move forward.

I’m happy and well! I love you all.

Love,
Elder Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment