Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More Baptisms in Bella Italia

September 27, 2010

Dear Family,

What a crazy flippin’ week! We had the baptism of Hilda on Sunday. I hope that you guys enjoy the pictures I’m sending of her and me and my comp. Also there’s a picture of my district. So far Bella Italia has been alright. I’m slowly getting used to the city. It’s tough though. For example right before Hilda had her baptismal interview, she was assaulted and robbed right in front of the church. She ran into the church crying right after. But I think it only made her faith stronger and she still got baptized. The miracle was then the next day at her baptism, a member found her identity card and her house keys in a dumpster right down the road. When the member gave her the keys and stuff she just started to cry and thanked and hugged the member and said there is no way this church isn’t the true church. Why or how the member found them we still don’t really know, but it is definitely one of those amazing, miracle things. We’re counting our lucky stars. Then yesterday after church, Victoria was heading home and she decided to walk home alone and she also was assaulted and robbed right outside of the church. I spent much of yesterday talking with her father and I believe it was necessary because now we can really see the faith she has. It was quite an interesting day let me tell ya. Now that all is said and done, we have very solid plans to baptize her on the 9th of October. All of our investigators though now think it’s required to get robbed right before baptism. Ha ha ha –

Besides all of this, life has been pretty good. I still haven’t been robbed, but I don’t really carry anything of value on me anyway so I don’t worry too much. I have been really happy lately. I’m seeing myself grow and I’m really getting good at this whole missionary thing. So far in my zone this month there have only been three baptisms. Elder Young and I have had two of them and the other one was also in my district. We feel great and get along great. I couldn’t ask for a better situation.

Next week is cambios AGAIN...... I will be writing you on Tuesday. I hope you all enjoy general conference. I’m super excited myself !!!!!!!! Love you all.

Elder Sluder


Elder Sluder, Hilda and Elder Young

Elder Sluder, Hilda and Elder Young

The Elders in the Bella Italia Distict

No comments:

Post a Comment