Thursday, March 4, 2010

Back in Sarandi Del Yi

March 1, 2010

Dear Family,

Well... I’m back! I got in to Sarandi Del Yi on Friday morning. Once again I traveled alone, so that was kinda tough, but it wasn’t too bad. I really hate to say this, but as I came over the bridge coming into town on Friday morning, I really felt at home. It was really weird. I have now served in Sarandi for four and a half months and I’m getting very comfortable and very accustomed to it. It’s really been great to get back to work and to come home to Sarandi Del Yi. Dad, just so you know, for now, all feelings of home sickness have left me. I was glad to see the pictures of the family and I hope for all is well with everyone.

On Thursday night, I got word that I was to return to Sarandi the very first thing in the morning. I tried calling my companion, but the line was cut and I couldn’t get a hold of him at all. When I showed up on Friday morning, everybody was shocked. It was hilarious. We have been working hard and I don’t think I have ever been more obedient to the rules. I’m feeling great! On Saturday night, we had a talent show as a ward activity. Everyone wanted me to sing, so I got up and performed “Lead Kindly Light” as a solo with no accompaniment. I sang the first verse first in English and then the first verse again in Spanish; and then the last verse in English and then the last verse again in Spanish. Afterwards, everyone complimented me. All of the men and some older women gave me hugs and kisses and said they were very happy to have me back. Just so you know, kissing on the cheek here is the custom for saying hello. The problem is, at times even the women come up and kiss you too. Anyway, now I can probably say that I have gotten kissed more during my mission than before. Ha-ha-ha.

So overall, I’m doing just great. Thanks for all you do. Next week is cambios so you won’t receive an email from me until Tuesday morning because P-day isn’t until Tuesday. I’m kind of excited and curious to see what happens. Well I’ve got to go. I love you all so much. Take it easy and have a wonderful week

Love,
Elder John P. Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment