Monday, March 29, 2010

Week Three in Miñas

March 29, 2010

Dear Family,

Oh my gosh Cindy… you fell and hit your head? That picture is awesome!!!! I hope it knocked some sense into you. Ha-ha-ha! Just kidding. I’m glad the doctors didn’t find anything wrong with your brain, though I’ll be honest, I was kinda surprised. Ha-ha-ha Okay, sorry that might have crossed the line a little bit. But you know I do love you and you’re awesome!!!! At least you’re not dumb like I am. I got hurt and had to have surgery here in South America!

It’s so awesome that you tried out for Americas Got Talent. I’m really excited for you. I would love to see you advance on; it could really be a good foot in the door for you. That’s so cool. I’ll pray for you to get better and maybe even win so that by the time I come home; we can be millionaires… ha-ha-ha. In all seriousness, I’m very happy that you’re okay and that now you can heal and get better. I love you, ya know.

Well for the rest of you, I’m still doing it. I have had a very interesting week. I got really sick on Friday. I don’t know if I ate something bad or what, but I definitely sure did have my troubles. Elder Maluff and I are having a blast. We are slowly starting to have more and more success in our area every day. We have been working so hard and have been super obedient to the rules. I have never in my entire life felt better spiritually than I do now. Dad, I loved the quote you sent from President Eyring and I look so forward this next week to General Conference. It’s going to be so awesome.

This morning we put on a ward activity. We had a futbol tournament. The stake patriarch is in our ward. He is a 60 year old man who really seemed very tranquil. But this morning, he came dressed in a soccer jersey and all the gear. He played futbol and was pretty much the best player I have seen since I started my mission. It was Hilarious. We had awesome turn out and we expect the ward to give us referrals and help out a lot more (now that they like us).

Besides all this, it was a good week. I did have a tri-zone conference in Montevideo on Friday. It was great to see all the missionaries that have now become such good friends of mine. I learned a ton. The mission president has challenged us all to read the entire Book of Mormon in Spanish in six weeks. I’m going to try my best.

I’m doing great. I’ll keep you all in my prayers. I hope that you will all have a safe week. Cindy, stay away from cinder blocks. I love you all and stay safer...

Love your brother and son
Elder Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment