Monday, December 7, 2009

A Slow Week and Some New Pictures

December 7, 2009

Dear family,

How are you all doing? I’m sure you’re great.

Well I’m in Durazno today. We are having a zone activity and earlier today we went to the zoo. Zoos here in South America are much different than America... much more ghetto. I’ll try to include some pictures for ya.

This has been a pretty slow week. No baptisms scheduled and no plans for baptisms. We have been contacting like crazy this week and really have had no luck, just rejection, so that’s been tough. But I am having a ton of fun and learning new things every day. My Spanish is getting much better, but I do still struggle with understanding people who mumble their Spanish.

Well dad, I didn’t buy a bike. I went to the bike shop and picked one out, went to pay for it and my card didn’t work. So we ran down to the bank to check my account and the money was in there, but it wouldn’t let me withdraw the amount that I needed. So I took this as a sign and didn’t buy the bike. Well, I guess I really couldn’t. So instead, I bought a new helmet, a new watch, some ice cream and dinner for me and my companion. When we got back to Sarandi Del Yi the next day, we went to the bike shop and I had them replace a ton of stuff on my old bike… all the bearings, new tires, and new cambios (gear shifters). So it has the appearance of an old junky bike but, to be honest, it rides like a new bike and I’m very satisfied. I will be using this bike my entire mission and it was much cheaper.

I’m really missing the snow right now! Sorry dad I don’t have any investigators or stories that have been significant enough to mention, maybe next week. Glad to hear that YESCO is doing well and has work, that’s so great!

Time has been going so fast… Wow! At the end of every day I can’t believe how fast the day went. Well next Tuesday is the day of change. I won’t know until Sunday night if my area or my comp will be changing, but Tuesday is our next p-day. Don’t be expecting an email from me until then. I love you all so much, thanks for all.

Love you all,

Elder John Sluder



Nice picture... but what does it mean???



I'm guessing that this is a picture of John's zone, but I'm not really certain.

2 comments:

  1. I put "durazno" into a spanish translator and came up with "peach" HUH ????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mary... Durazno is the Spanish word for peach... maybe they grow a lot of peaches there!

    ReplyDelete