Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Change of Companions but Still in Sarandi Del Yi

December 15, 2009

Dear family,

How are things going for you? Wow! Christmas is already here and time is going so fast. This past week was very, very difficult. We had lots of rejection and lots of investigators who aren’t keeping commitments and having a whole lot of problems. I also had two pretty good bike wrecks this week, to but all is well and yes, I was wearing a helmet. (The Lord does look out for his missionaries.) But at the same time, there have been tons of miracles and I know that in the end, things will all work out.

Anyway, today is p-day because it’s the day of changes. So this is what is happening. Elder Vargas is no longer my companion. He is now my zone leader and was transferred to Durazno. Right now I am with Elder Moncada and we’re waiting for our new companions to arrive in Durazno. My new companion is named Elder Rostaing and he’s from Peru. That’s all I really know. Since I’m the only missionary in Sarandi who will know the people and the area, I will have a much bigger responsibility. So, I’m kinda nervous.

What’s nice is, I finally feel that my Spanish is good enough for this. They tell me that this change was very unusual and since President Da Silva is new, things have really been changing all over the mission. President Da Silva is awesome.

Anyway, life has been good to me. I have learned so much about the way people are in this world. It seems that every where there are a whole lot of really messed up people. The experience so far has been so great and awesome. And I’m so grateful to all of you guys for your encouragement and support. Thanks!

I hope you enjoy the pictures of Uruguay and Dad; I’m going to try to send my SD card out this week.

This week is going to be so crazy. Tonight, I will be going back to Sarandi Del Yi with my new companion. We have a few lessons planned and then tomorrow morning we have a planning meeting in Durazno, so I’ll get back on the bus for another hour and a half ride back to Durazno. Then on Friday, I’ve got to go into Montevideo for our Christmas reunion. I’m so excited; it’s going to be awesome.

But because of the bus schedule, I will have to spend the night in Durazno on Thursday to make the right bus for Montevideo on time. So yes, busy, busy week!

Hey Dad, I did make all of those transactions. All is well and they were all me. But I do need more money put in my account. I’m sorry, but things have been kinda expensive for me in the small town I’m in and I had more repairs. I’m trying so hard to be careful and not spend much at all. I did take more money out of my account out yesterday. It’s been hard cause of all my traveling. I receive reimbursement for all of the trips I take, but it takes several weeks before I see that money.

Anyways, love you all. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I’m so excited to talk to you all on Christmas. I will have about 45 minutes to talk, so I’m getting pretty excited. Love you all.

Elder John P Sluder





1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I think I've said this before, but he is looking even older!

    ReplyDelete