Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Little Down This Week

Fifth Email from the MTC

Date: Thu 1 October 2009  10:00 AM

Dear Everyone,

Thanks for all you have done. I didn’t hear anything about the tsunami, but I will tell you that for this past week, for whatever reason I worried about Kyler Mitton! Is he okay? Crazy! Well, things here have been interesting. They released me from being the district leader and we had one of our missionaries get sent home this week from our district. His name is Elder ----- and he is from Garland, Utah just over by Tremonton. So, it has been a pretty down week and very difficult because it made us all kinda homesick. Besides that, I haven’t had any new opportunities to go out proselytizing again, so no real new stories. I will go proselytizing tomorrow, so keep me in your prayers that I might be able to do some good. I have come down with a pretty bad cold, but it’s not too bad. Life’s tough, then you die, right? Oh and from what I hear, I probably won’t be able to receive that package you sent me. But I should hear from the customs office this week sometime to confirm that. But if you wanna try sending me some candy or something it needs to be in a big mailing envelope. Priority preferably, I guess, so I will let you know the final verdict on it next week. It’s crazy to think that today I have been in Argentina for a whole month now. My testimony has grown so much and I have learned so much about myself. This mission thing is kinda neat, but I can’t wait to get out into the field to do some real work! It’s hard to live, eat, study, go to class, and sleep all in the same 8,000 square foot building. But I think I’m starting to get used to it. The people here are great. I love you all so much. We are getting kinda excited that on November 20th, Elder Bednar will be coming to visit us in Uruguay. I’m very excited for conference! It will be a nice break from our usual routine. I love you Dad and I have learned so much from you and I think about you all the time. Mom, I love you too and miss our long conversations that we would have until the late hours of the night. Thanks for all the things that you guys do and I love you all so much.

Elder John Sluder

P.S. Let me know how Kyler’s doing!

NOTE: Elder Kyler Mitton is a good friend of John's from our ward in Wellsville. He is serving in the Pacific Islands. I spoke to his Dad who told me that Kyler is safe and well. The island he is serving on was not affected by the tsunami.

2 comments:

  1. Well that's good to know about Kyler. Why didn't John say how much he loved me? J/K it's fun to be self centered.
    I guess we should get together a package too. How much longer is he in the MTC Dad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dad its thursday! what is going on?

    ReplyDelete