Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just the Same Old MTC

Sixth email from the MTC

Date: Thu October 8, 2009

Dear Everyone,

How is it going? There’s really nothing new to tell ya, it’s just been the same old MTC and another week down. I only have three more weeks here and then I’m off to Montevideo. Dad, last night I received your package. Thanks so much it was so awesome to get it. I love the picture frame you sent, it’s so cool. Same with the CD! Thanks also for the address.

I’m very glad to hear that all is well. I just got out of the temple and it was an awesome session. On November 2, they will be closing the temple here in Buenos Aires for a while, so I’m glad that I’ll be in Montevideo by then. I received a bunch of letters from the Mittons this morning, it was so awesome. If you run in to them, tell them thanks from me. My companion hasn’t changed; I’m still with Elder Stilwell. In answer to your question, it is a regular thing to be released as a district leader after four weeks of being here.

It’s so exciting to hear about home. I do miss it, but I’m having a ton of great adventures here. Last Friday I spoke with a woman on the street who works for the Catholic Church. As me and my companion testified of the Book of Mormon, she began to cry. It was such a powerful moment for me. So we left her with a prayer and the spirit was so strong. Then when Elder Holland spoke about the power of the book it was amazing! This book changes lives! It really does! This Saturday we are going over to her house to teach her lesson 2. I’m so excited! I hope you are all doing well and I’m praying for all of you too. Once again thanks for the package. I loved it and it was just the perfect size so if you want send another one… It’s kind of like Christmas! Ha-Ha-Ha Oh and Dad… I’m sending you a written letter. You should get it sometime this week. Write me back in response to that letter, not in email, but with a pen and paper. It means more to me that way, thanks. But also send my weekly email. I love that too.

Well love you all,
Elder Sluder

1 comment:

  1. I loved Elder Holands talk too. There is so much power in the Book of Mormon.

    ReplyDelete