Thursday, October 22, 2009

Moving the Temple in Buenos Aires?

Eighth Email from the MTC

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 1:20 PM

Subject: Your son in Argentina who’s excited to leave. (I thought this was cute, so I had to include it)

Hey family...

How are you all doing? I hope well! Well by the pictures it looks like Luke is learning to weld at a young age! That’s just great! Well besides all that, it sounds like you all are doing very well. Thanks Dad for that thing in Spanish. I pretty much got the gist of it, but you should send it to me in English so I can check myself. Thanks for spending all the time looking for addresses for me. I really appreciate it Dad!

I’m getting so excited to get out of Argentina and go to Uruguay. Last week for tracting was an amazing week. We were able to teach and share the gospel with a ton of people. I’m gonna be kind of sad to leave this place. My companion, Elder Stilwell has been great and now I’m dreading getting a comp that I may not get along with at all.

Next Saturday they are shutting down the temple here in Buenos Aires! Lots of people are very sad about this, but they’re gonna do a complete renovation. I will be leaving the Tuesday after next weekend, so I will be able to go through this temple one more time before it closes. My mission president, President Wilson, is going to be receiving about 90% of the furniture and art from the temple! He’s so excited; he won’t stop talking about it. Ha-ha-ha The president asked my district if on that Monday, we would spend the whole day moving things from the temple to the MTC. So my last full day here in Argentina I guess I’ll be moving the temple… interesting huh? I’m so looking forward to this! I haven’t done manual labor for eight weeks now and to be honest I miss it! Well, you will receive one more email from me from Buenos Aires next week and then I’ll be a real full time missionary. I’m so excited!

Funny quick story dad… my MTC teacher, Hermana Davila served her mission in Southern California. She told me about this Gladys Knight choir thing they did that was an awesome missionary tool. So I told her that you were a member of the choir and in fact, you sing with her. Small world huh? Well my time is running out. I love you all so very much. Have fun be careful. And Steven and Beth, keep an eye on Luke… he seems to be a handful.

Love,
Elder John Sluder

P.S. Oh and dad, I did purchase some stuff from the pharmacy here. I will probably be making a big purchase at the church distribution center too. I need some stuff for Montevideo… is that okay? Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment