Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Working with Less-Actives

May 29, 2011
Dear Family,

I’m glad to hear that all is now well and you were all able to make it home safe and settle back in. I'm doing well and was able to have a very calm and interesting week.  Time really seems to be counting down fast. The mission for me will be over in just three months.  My companion jokes with me and often sings the Green Day song; Wake Me Up When September Ends. Ha-ha-ha. We didn't do too much of anything out of the ordinary this week. The work is quite slow and I don’t know if in the short time I have left here, it will recover. We’re really focused right now on less-active members and have been really pushing for higher numbers in sacrament meeting. We have been making visits with the Davidson's and trying to reactivate all that will give us the time of day.  There really is a lot of potential here!!!!  

After talking with the assistants today, I am pretty sure I will be out of Treinta Y Tres on the 14th of June. I will find out exactly where I’ll go and what I’ll do for the final few months of my mission on my 21st birthday! I have been in 33 now since November of 2010.  When I finish here, it will be 7 months almost exactly to the day. Crazy huh?  I think I’ll be assigned somewhere to whitewash train an oro (new missionary).

Well I love you guys. Thanks for all you do.  Dad, I actually might need a little bit more money so that I don’t end up over drawing my account.  Sorry. 

Well, for now this is all I’ve got.  I miss you guys a ton.  I haven’t gotten the box yet, but I figure it will be here tomorrow.  I have a council in Montevideo tomorrow morning.  MORE TRAVELING!!!

LOVE,
ELDER JOHN SLUDER  

No comments:

Post a Comment