Monday, June 13, 2011

21st Birthday & Transfer to Parque de Plata

June 13, 2011

Dear Family,

Thank you all so much for your support and for the letters you have all written me. I’m sorry I can’t write you all back, but my time doesn’t really allow me to.

I’ve had a wonderful final week in Treinta y Tres. In the way of new investigators and baptisms, nothing much has really changed. We’re still running pretty dry. The attendance in church yesterday was pretty high, but the branch president made some dumb moves and really killed the spirit of the meeting. After the meeting, I talked with President Davidson and it sounds like Rama Obelisco may soon be getting a new branch President. FINALLY!!!!!!

Saturday night the Davidson’s surprised me and took me out for a wonderful dinner at a restaurant. It was really good and I was so grateful to them. Last night, my companion and a member put together a birthday party for me. They made me a cake and everything. It was awesome!!! Then this morning, my zone all got together and brought me a cake and some more gifts. It was so great and it really helped me out a ton!!! I had a lot of cake!!!!!

Well as I have already said, I’m leaving 33!!!!! President DaSilva called me up last night and sang me happy birthday (in English) and then gave me my new assignment. I’m going to an area named Parque de Plata. It’s a beach resort town east of Montevideo. I will be opening a new area which includes several small cities right along the beach. My new companion? Well, I don’t know him yet. I won’t know until tomorrow, because I’m training a new Elder who is fresh… directly from the MTC!!!! AN ORO!!!!! Wooo-Hooo. From what I hear, my new house is only three blocks from the beach. But there is almost no one who lives there this time of year. IT IS FREEZING COLD RIGHT NOW and the Antarctic winds that come off the ocean don’t help!!! Whatever… I’m excited. It will be a great adventure and a great way to finish my mission.

Time’s going so fast and it sounds like everything back at home is going good.

I love you all so much and THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO. See you soon.

Love, Elder Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment