Monday, May 2, 2011

Enrique's Baptism and I'm Staying in 33!

May 1, 2011

Dear Mom and Dad,

Wow, what a week! And it really sounds like you have had quite the week yourselves. I'm very, very sad to hear of the death of Roy. I send my condolences… I´m sorry Mom. Hey, I guess now you have to buy yourself a new horse? Make sure that he’s tame so that in a few months I can take girls out on dates… Ha Ha Ha. I was glad to hear that Osama bin Laden is dead... It’s about time!

As for myself, I got the call and guess what? I'm staying in 33 for a fifth change!!!! In the history of the mission as far back as I know, this has never happened before; that a zone leader has stayed in one area for 5 changes. The assistants told me they think that president must really trust me to keep me here so long. It’s a really big compliment. A missionary who is always being moved around just isn’t an effective missionary. It means that you’re not doing a good job as a missionary in that area. So it really is quite the compliment.

Saturday we had the baptism of Enrique!!!!! He’s our 3rd baptism in a row. I have now been working with him for almost six months! It was a miracle and the family was so happy. I’ll tell you the details on Sunday. I’m also including some pictures. Enrique is the guy that’s with me solo. I'm also sending the picture from Leo’s baptism from the week past. Leo is in the picture standing next to me and Alexander Degaray is standing next to my comp, Elder Powell.

Oh, just so you know I will be calling you about 6 O'clock our time, which should be about 3 O'clock your time. It should work out just perfect and know that I really just want my call centered with talking to you guys. (Mom and dad)

Well that’s really cool that you could speak with President Davidson. They should be here in the next few days to stay and will live here for 13 months. 33 will become a stake. We are baptizing future Melchizedek priesthood holders and they will be a big help to the cause. Now that we’re baptizing, the branch just seems to becoming alive. We had 70+ people in church yesterday. It was Awesome!!!

Well I love you all and look forward to speaking to you guys on Sunday for my last phone call home. Be careful and I love you guys!!!

LOVE,
ELDER SLUDER

John and Enrique

Elder Powell, Alexander, Leo and John

No comments:

Post a Comment