Monday, April 11, 2011

What a Good Week We Have Had!

April 11, 2011

Dear Family,

What a good week we have had! It went incredibly fast and at the same time things worked out well. It has been very rewarding and I feel like we are making some progress in some things. It’s looking like we are finally getting this ball rolling. Yesterday we had two investigators in church. It looks like one will definitely be baptized this Saturday and the other will be baptized the 30th. Kevin will be baptized on Saturday. He’s only 10 years old and I found him in a street contact. He is amazing and he definitely has a lot of potential to be a future leader in Treinta Y Tres. Our other investigator is named Enrique. He’s 26 and is the boyfriend of one of the young women in the ward. He’s a really good guy and the family is so happy that he has finally made this decision. I would call these baptisms two great miracles.

This past week, my companion and I had the opportunity to go to a baptism in the small farming town of Vergara (which lies an hour north of Treinta Y Tres). It felt like the olden days as we walked through the town from the services in the church building to the small river. It was quite interesting and there was a great feeling of the spirit with this small branch of about 20 members as we walked down to the river. The sister being baptized was dressed in white and smiled as she strolled. It was awesome!!!

It’s really hard to believe that I am almost four months short of being away from home for two years. President DaSilva drove up on Wednesday and we had our usual zone interviews. It was an interesting interview. I figure I don’t have much time left here in Treinta Y Tres nor do I think I will continue to be a zone leader after this change. I figure I have just 3 more weeks in 33… The assistants just called me on my cell phone and asked for my suggestions for future district and zone leaders of the mission. I figure they’re already looking for my replacement. Ha Ha Ha.

On Thursday, I will be going to Montevideo for an intercambio with the assistants. I don’t really know why they want me going there, but they plan to come and pick me up. I will leave my companion here in Treinta Y Tres with one of them. The other assistant and I will drive 4 hours there for one day of work and then four hours back. We shall see what is planned and the reason they want me doing this.

Besides all of this, I’m doing alright. I did receive my package a few weeks back. Sorry I failed to mention it in past emails. I’ve already used all of the root beer concentrate you sent. It was great. During general conference I made root beer floats for the zone. They loved it and they send their thanks.

Hey… did you know that in four weeks, I will be making my last phone call home for the rest of my mission? Just so you know Mom and Dad, I don’t want a whole lot of crazy confusion on this call. I would really appreciate it if we could limit the phone call to you two and me. That way we can talk and enjoy our Mother’s day. (And maybe if you want to invite Mamaw also?). Let me know what you think and what your plans are. Well I love you guys and I hope that you have a wonderful week. Send my condolences to Paul’s family and let them know that I will pray for them.

Love,
Elder Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment