Monday, April 18, 2011

Kevin's Baptism

April 18, 2011

Dear Family,

Well, we had our baptism!!! Everything worked out just great and all went well. I was asked to perform the baptism and it was awesome. I have included pictures. His name is Kevin and he is definitely the coolest little kid ever. Like I said last week, we found him while walking down the street and we just decided to open our mouths and speak with his mother. This week coming up we will be baptizing a guy named Leonel Rodao. He’s also really cool and will really help out the priesthood holders of the stake which we have been working hard to strengthen.

Yesterday we had a horrible rain storm that covered all of Uruguay. It flooded the roads and made our job really fun. Our church attendance went from 70 last week (the record highest attendance in years) to just 20 this week. It was horrible, but we got lucky and were able to go out in the storm just in time to find Kevin and confirm him. It was great! Besides all of this there is nothing new… we’re just chugging along.

Well I love you all and I hope that you enjoy the pictures.

Love,
Elder Sluder


P.S. Dad – I’ll be honest that I kinda doubt that I’ll be called as an assistant because there are so many other missionaries here who are much more qualified than I am. Plus, I only have three changes left and I still haven’t trained. Usually zone leaders who are in their last few changes do what we call “white wash training”. This is where they remove two missionaries from an area and put in two new ones. You then train an “oro” and also become a district leader. That’s what normally happens for someone in my position, but we shall see.



No comments:

Post a Comment