Monday, July 19, 2010

Things Going Well in Minas - I'm the New District Leader

July 13, 2010

Dear Family,

Well, the change is finally over!!!!! I’m in Minas again for my fourth change. My new companion is from Colorado and he seems really cool! He actually talks!!! His name is Elder Thornton and he’s only been on the mission for about three changes, so he’s pretty new. Elder Haws is going home. I’ll make sure that I get you his email address and stuff like that and you can talk with him. He knows me pretty well. He’s lived with me for the past seven months of my mission.

In our house, we now have Elder Mangleson from Salt Lake. He will also be finishing his mission this change; and Elder Lopez is still here. He’s really been a challenge, let me tell ya. Oh yeah, I almost forgot… I’m also the district leader of Minas now. Cool huh?

Well besides all that, I have a baptism this week on Saturday and it seems like all will work out once again nice and smooth.

I never really got a chance to go get my shoes fixed, I’m sorry. I kinda got into a bind last week and had to buy a bunch of tickets to go to Maldonado and so I used the money for that. I came up short this month cause of the ridiculous phone bill I had to pay from May, but I’m recovering and learning my best to just finance better. Sorry, but I will get them fixed in the next week or so when I receive the reimbursements that I turned in. Don’t even worry about my shoes anymore. For now I’m going to wear a pair of boots that Elder Haws gave me until I can get them fixed. I’m doing just fine. But thank you so much.

And the last thing I want to say is that I’m really grateful to you Cindy for talking to my friend Cory! Cindy, you’re the bomb and I love you so much! You just hang in there. You’re doing so great. I think about you often and many times when I teach about the change the gospel makes in peoples lives, I talk about you. I talk about a person that has gone through so much but has the strongest testimony ever. And this person knows that her heavenly Father loves her. Cindy I love you. I really do!! I’m sorry. And I can’t wait to see you and give you the biggest hug ever in a year.

Well I miss you all but I know you’re all doing just fine. Keep it up!!!!

Love, your son,
Elder John Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment