Friday, July 23, 2010

In Montevideo for Training and More Baptisms are Planned.

July 19, 2010

Dear Family,

Wow what a week I have had! It’s probably been one of the busiest weeks of my entire mission. It’s been out of control ridiculous. My new companion is Elder Thornton. He’s great. He’s from Grand Junction Colorado. He’s a good kid who will definitely follow the rules and he can speak some Spanish too.

This whole week, I’ve been running around Minas like a chicken with my head cut off. The sister missionaries had lightning strike their house. As a result, it ruined the water heater that I changed out two weeks ago, so I had to go back and change it again.

I had baptismal interviews to conduct and then had to conduct the baptism we had on Saturday!!!! Elder Haws and his parents showed up and now I’m not even in Minas but in Montevideo for a special conference!!! Elder Haw’s dad said he will call you guys and talk to you about me when he gets home in a week or so.

All of the missions in the entire world are changing and we’re starting a new, more structured training program. Because I’m the District leader, I’m here in Montevideo for a special training conference for three days. Fun huh? I will be staying in the hostel here in Carrasco behind the temple, so it’s actually not so bad. I left Minas last night alone and without a comp. When I got to Montevideo, I just kinda hung out and slept over at the AP’s house last night.

It feels like I’m getting sick. I think it’s from the weather change; we will see if it gets any worse.

Sunday we had a member of the Seventies Quorum, President Gavarret in church. He congratulated me and said he could really see a change in the missionary work in his branch. It felt pretty good coming from a seventy. He’s actually from the branch I’m serving in. We also had our super awesome investigator family come too. It looks like we will be baptizing the whole family here in just a little bit.

Sorry no pictures this week. I kinda can’t get that done with my situation in Montevideo.

Well besides all that, I’m doing alright (just wet). It hasn’t stopped raining for a few days now. I can’t wait to see the sun again. Missions are fun… let me tell ya… I’m having a blast!

Well love you all; be careful.

Elder Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment