Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Three Baptisms Scheduled

June 21, 2010

Dear Mom and Dad and family,

Well I survived another week here in good old little Uruguay. So that’s good I guess! We’ve actually had a really good week and now we have three baptisms planned.

One of our investigators is Cristina. She’s is doing alright and she still plans to be baptized on the 3rd of July. So far it’s the success story of my mission and I have really come to love all of these people I have been serving and working with. Second is a woman named Diana. She is pretty cool and also plans to be baptized on the 3rd. This week I set another baptismal date with a young girl named Virginia. Everything seems to be going alright and I’m just trying my best to help them all out and now prepare them for baptism. This week I plan to set some more baptismal fetches with another amazing family that I have been teaching now for the past few months. Vamos arriba con todo!!!

Dad, I’m super sorry for using my card so much. Things have gotten a little tight this month and I am still just waiting for reimbursals. I’m super sorry like I said and I will try my best not to over spend and be super prudent.

Well happy Fathers Day dad. Sorry can’t call ya. The mission president would probably kill me if I did, and I think God would be kind of mad too. I did receive the email from Brother Salmond with his address, so if he reads this, thanks!!!!

It’s crazy to think that someday when I eventually come home, there will be a new church building and I probably won’t even be able to recognize the place.

If you want to send me some new shoes, you can. Elder Haws couldn’t believe that I was able to walk the bottoms out of my shoes so fast. He says that I need metal shoes. So I really don’t know what you want me to do. I can get them fixed here, but for almost the same price as a new better pair. So you guys talk over what you want to do and let me know next week. I’ll do what ever you guys want. Oh and yah, so that’s a no, I didn’t get my shoes fixed yet. I have just been too busy and really couldn’t find the time. Sorry.

I know I write every thing backwards, but hey I understand it, so I just hope you do to.

My companion Elder Coyago still doesn’t talk much. He is counting the days left he has on the mission. He will be heading home in 23 days and seems to be super excited.

Well, I love you all. I’m doing great just trying to get through this horrible cold weather here. It’s been about 5 degrees C (40 degress F) with wind and its super, super humid so that makes it so much different and colder. Plus, we’re out in the streets walking all day. But hey, it is worth it! I’m still alive and I’m still happy. The work is finally starting to pay off too. Have an awesome week.

Love you all,
Elder Sluder

1 comment:

  1. He writes like he talks. It's cute and I enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete