Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cambios and a New Companion

Note from Dad: John has now completed 9 months in the mission field. Where does the time go?

June 1, 2010

Dear Family,

Well hey there! As you already know, today is cambios (change day). Elder Maluff is no longer my companion. He’s going to a new area and my new companion is Elder Cayago. He’s from Ecuador. Woo hoo… another companion who doesn’t speak English… but oh well. Besides all of that, I’m doing just great. I’m here with Elder Baum and we’re just hanging out and talking. I’ll probably head back to Minas today around 1:00 or 2:00. I’m still going to be living with Elder Taylor Haws from Arizona. This will be the last change of his mission and then he will be heading home. This will also be the last change of my new companion Elder Cayago. Elder Cayago is only about 4’10” tall. He was in my same zone when I was in Durazno, so next cambio will be a very interesting.

We plan to have a lot of baptisms because we have set and will set several more dates for this next month. So that’s super exciting, but things always seem to come up so we will see.

Well I don’t have too much time this week. I love you all; have an awesome week. And thank you for all that you guys do.

Love Elder Sluder

1 comment: