Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another Week in Miñas

April 26,2010

Dear Family,

Well, I’m still here in Miñas Uruguay doing my thing. Mom and Dad, it’s very interesting that you guys ran into that woman who is a distant relative. I find it’s even crazier that my Mother is going to ride a horse 100 miles across the Nebraska plain at 54 years of age! Okay mom… have fun… ha-ha-ha.

Anyway, for me things have been alright. I will probably take the money out of my account today so that I can buy the things I need on p-day (which is today). I had a very good week… so far so good. We’ve had a lot of progress. By the end of this change, the plan is to be baptizing a lot and have more to come for the next change. Yesterday was Stake Conference in Maldonado and so we went and it was very enjoyable. President Da Silva, my Mission President spoke about the Book of Mormon and it was awesome. I also saw my book covers being made by Walter in Maldonado. They look great, but they’re not finished yet. He said he is going to water proof them and I should get them on Tuesday.

So many things are changing in the mission. Just so you know, the addresses and phone numbers have all changed. If you write me a letter, you must now send it to me at the new address which I will include at the end of the letter. Dad, please try your best to let everyone know. Also on Mondays, we are now having a district meeting in the morning from 10 am to 12 am. From 12 pm to 9 pm will be our p-day, so that really means a longer p-day. Woo-Hoo! We are all so excited and so happy this is going to start in two weeks.

I will call you guys on May 9th. You just need to tell me a time and a number and I will call. I have a lot more to tell you, so I’m very excited. I don’t know how big of a deal you really want to make of it. I don’t know for sure, but what I hear I will only have 30 minutes to talk to you guys. So we gotta go fast and we can’t be talking about just whatever; there are some really important things I need to talk with you guys about.

Besides all that, I’m doing great and we had an awesome week. I’m still very healthy and I feel great (cold but great).

Thanks for all. I love you all so very much and miss ya.

Love,
Elder Sluder

Note from Dad: I have changed John's mailing address on the blog here and will also post it to John's facebook account.

No comments:

Post a Comment