Monday, May 3, 2010

8 Month Anniversary

Note from Dad: Today is John's 8 month anniversary in the mission! It's now 1/3 over!

5/3/2010

Dear Family,

Well, the first thing I need to clear up is this Mother’s day call situation. This week we learned some new rules and things from the mission president. Here in the mission, we are now trying to be super tight with our funds. The president has asked us to call home first so that you will have the number. Then you can call me back. This way, we don’t have to pay for the call (you will pay for the call!). I just can’t call you any time of the day because it’s Sunday and I have to work, so I will call the house in Wellsville between 6:30 and 7:00 my time. When I call you, we’ll figure it all out. This may make it super complicated to do a conference call, so I’m not really too sure if that will work. We will have an hour to talk, that’s for sure. Okay anyways......

What a week! I’m still here and still doing the same old, same old. We have definitely had a very spiritual week. I don’t really know why, but it was definitely that way. We have found several investigators and it looks like they will soon continue on to baptism by the end of May. I don’t want to waste too much time talking about this now, but will tell you more on the phone next week.

Today I received a letter from Mary and her family. Thanks it was awesome! It was definitely one of those things that brightens up your day. I also got a letter from Makell today. It too was awesome!!! Hey dad… I’ve got a question. I don’t know how you feel about this, but I want you to invite Makell over to the house on Mother’s day and maybe I could talk to her for like five minutes. That would be way cool! And also invite Krista to come with her if she wants. If you could do that, I would so very much appreciate it. I would love to hear from them.

Anyway... we had an awesome district meeting this morning and now we have P-day until the day ends… it’s so cool. This afternoon we had an Asado (BBQ) and it was so great!!!!! I found BBQ sauce and I was able to cook up some really good steak!!! OOOHHHH it was so good.

Well I think tomorrow is Laura’s birthday… so Happy birthday Laura!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a lot to tell ya on the phone…. that’s for sure. I’m awfully excited and I can’t wait!!!!

Thanks for all you do for me!!! I love you all very much!!!!

Love,
Elder John Sluder

1 comment:

  1. Wow we sent that letter on March 29 or 30. The mail takes a LONG time, huh? So glad that he ejoyed it. I cannot believe he's almost got two phone calls down with two more to go. It has gone fast!

    ReplyDelete