Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wow - What a Great Week I Had!!!

April 20, 2010

Dear Family,

Well another week gone by. Today I’m in Montevideo because it is time for changes again. Luckily, we aren’t making any changes. Elder Hawes and I have come down to Montevideo to see off some of his old companions who are going home.

Wow, what a great week I had!!!! We have worked so hard and finally yesterday Elder Maluff and I were able to set our first baptismal date with one of our investigators. We plan this week to invite three more of our investigators to be baptized. We are so excited and very happy that the mission president allowed us to be together for at least another six weeks. We have set a goal to baptize 11 people in these next six weeks and we honestly believe that it is very possible! So far though, our only planned baptism is with an 18 year old girl named Cynthia and it is planned for May 15th… Woo Hoo!!!!

Besides all that, no real grand adventures happened this week. But I’m very excited to just see how this next six weeks turns out!

Dad, I guess if you want to do a conference call that would be just fine. But there are several things I want to talk with you guys about first this time and I have written it down to make sure that we can have an organized conversation. I’m pretty excited for its only two weeks away. Man, time is really going fast!

Okay also, yes I know that I only have a little bit of money left in my account. Sorry, I had to take some money out last week because I needed some things to write and send letters. Also, the scripture covers are awesome I guess! The zone leaders called me and said that mine are almost done. I guess he’s finishing them early or something. I had him do something that has never been done before; he’s drawing a picture of Joseph Smith on a horse for me. It’s going to be great. I don’t know for sure, but I think later next week on Tuesday we’re going down to Maldonado. I would like to pay him then if it is possible. Let me know… sorry it’s so soon.

Anyway, besides all that I’m doing great. I have felt super blessed this past week and I know it’s because of all your prayers. Thank you so much!!!

It’s getting cold here too... really, really cold! And I really don’t have winter clothes. I am planning though on talking to you guys about this on Mother’s Day, so for now I will just keep using my companions sweater! Ha ha ha

Love you all so much!!!

Love,
Elder Sluder

1 comment:

  1. I'm so very excited for the MOM's Day call! Cannot wait. I think it's good that he wants to be organized...it may run more smoothly. What's the deal with Joseph Smith on a Horse? Is that something I don't know about or just something he wants. Either way it sounds cool...counting the days till our mom day convo!

    ReplyDelete