Monday, June 27, 2011

Parque Del Plata is GREAT!!!

June 20, 2011

Dear Family,

Wow it’s so good to see all the kids again!!!!!   They’re all so big!!!!  Jack can walk and Luke is a big kid… Ha Ha Ha. Oh and Bear looks super, super old!!!! Happy Fathers Day Dad!!!!  Sorry I couldn’t be there to wish it to you in person.

This week has probably been the most interesting week of my entire life. I really do mean that. We’ve had a lot of work to do to get the ball rolling in our area. I have been trying my best to get to know the members and working hard to find somebody to teach. My new area is huge. We have three different cities to proselyte in, Las Toscas, Atlantida and Estacion Atlantida. It’s been quite the challenge searching and finding, but I know the Lord will provide. 

On Friday, Sister Walton and her parents came and visited me. That was pretty cool. They seemed to be doing be doing well and were having a ball. 

Yesterday was Ward Conference and to be honest, I was very impressed!  Parque Del Plata became a Ward about two months ago. The Bishop is great and we have tons of priesthood holders. It’s Awesome!!!  Finally… good organization! Yesterday, the Stake President was there for Ward Conference and told my companion and me about plans to open a new branch in Estacion Atlantida. I guess the plans are to have us focus all of our strength there and prepare the way. It’s very exciting and has led once again in my mission to another “special assignment”. 

Last night I had an unforgettable experience. We received a call from President Da Silva with some bad news for my companion. Elder Curapil is an awesome missionary. He’s focused and very obedient. I can’t really explain everything here, but one of Elder Curapil’s brothers died. He is an emotional wreck right now and it is very hard for him. We did a lot of praying last night, got little sleep and I gave him a blessing. He did have the opportunity to speak with his Mother and that helped. I imagine the next twelve weeks of my mission are going to be pretty interesting. I plan to just work him down and get ourselves lost in the work. I won’t have any room anymore to be trunky. I fear even mentioning the word “home” to him. We are currently in Tres Cruzes. Elder Curapil has an immigration medical check to go through, so I’m not with him right this moment. 

Well I guess life is like that… It sure made me grateful for the beautiful family I have. Thank you so much. I really love you all so much and really do appreciate all that you do for me.  

Love,
Elder John Sluder

P.S.  I think the Lord has prepared me for this because I too received a similar call from President DaSilva only three weeks ago.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.              

No comments:

Post a Comment