Monday, January 17, 2011

A New Baptism Scheduled

January 17, 2011

Dear Family,

Thanks for all that you guys do. I have finished another week here in good old 33. We have experienced quite a change here and actually feel that the members in our branch are starting to work with us. We have a miracle baptism planned for this Saturday. Her name is Doris and she is very, very crazy! But she wants to be baptized and she came to church yesterday, so we are going to get her baptized.

This week we had a problem with water contamination in Treinta Y Tres. I accidentally used some of the water without knowing it was contaminated. The city tried to keep it quiet and decided not to announce it. Go figure! It’s the way it is here in Uruguay. I used the water to make waffles for my companion and me. First my companion got sick. I thought I was going to get away without getting sick, but this morning I woke up and surprise, surprise! Needless to say, I’m not 100%. But don’t worry about me too much. I have definitely been way sicker before on the mission. I figure it will go away soon.

Our branch seems to be doing alright for now. I’m still just doing my best to get through it all. The district presidency hasn’t made contact with me all week, so that’s been pretty nice. They now are going to have to face President Da Silva when he comes here on Wednesday. We shall see what happens.

Besides all of this, I’m doing pretty well. I have just been lost all week long in the work. My companion had to go to Maldonado today because he has an ingrown toenail and needed to get it fixed. I got left behind, so I’m hanging with Elder Gurr. We are here ¨holding down the fort¨.

Thanks for all your support and I will let you all know how things are going next week. I love you all.

Elder Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment