Monday, January 3, 2011

A Great Week!

January 3, 2011

Dear Family,

Well what a week!! I’m sure glad the holidays are over. On the mission, we really don’t get holidays and so you kinda feel jealous of those who do. And it’s also extremely difficult because most people don’t want to listen. They would rather just take it easy for the weekend. The last thing they want to hear is they need to repent from the Mormon missionaries. Ha-Ha.

Anyway, my new companion is much, much, much different than Elder Gonzalez. At first, it did kind of bug me, but now he’s really starting to grow on me. Elder Roisum is probably the calmest, patient, non- stress person I have met in my entire life. We had an awesome week; worked extremely hard and now have two baptisms planned for the end of January. In the past week, all of the missionaries in my zone set baptismal dates. We look as if we shall have 15-20 baptisms this month. It will be a huge improvement compared to the 4 we had last month. My zone is awesome!!!!! I have no complaints as of right now. The branch president that I had a disagreement with never made contact with me this past week. That’s fine though… I’m not too concerned because I know that we are the obedient ones who are following the rules. And my new companion supports me 100%. Besides that, the whole zone seems incredibly excited and finally they want to work hard, do their job and follow the rules!!! The changes that President Da Silva made this past week were definitely inspired.

My health has pretty much returned to 100%. For New Years Eve, we really didn’t do much. I went to bed at 10:30. Then at midnight, one of our members decided to wake us all up by throwing M-80 firecrackers under our window. It was actually quite funny, so I got up. He had gone out and bought some really big fireworks. So I sat on the front steps of our house and watched the biggest South American illegal fireworks show ever. Really they are not illegal here, but to us in the states; it seems to just be a dream. It made for a really good 20 minute celebration and about 12:15 I went back in the house and just went back to bed. (Exciting huh?)

I’m excited to hear that I have a cousin who will be serving a mission in this country. I will be sure to write him a letter and let him know what’s up. Tonight I will be going to Montevideo for a few days. I have a zone leader council and then Wednesday we have another leadership meeting.

Also, Elder Parry served in 33 a few months ago. He’s a very good friend of mine. I was his district leader back when I was serving in Bella Italia. That’s quite interesting that you found his blog. Anyway, I imagine this week will go by just as fast as the last. I love you all so very much and I look forward to a wonderful week here in 33 Uruguay.

LOVE,
ELDER SLUDER

No comments:

Post a Comment