Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Changes! A New Assignment as a Zone Leader in Treinta y Tres

November 16, 2010

Dear Dad and Mom,

What a week! It was quite challenging and now that I look back on it, I realize I was being tried for a reason. On Tuesday I became deathly ill. I couldn’t stop vomiting and the other problem thing. It was incredibly painful and I thought several times I was doomed. I cannot ever remember a time in my life where I have ever had such terrible stomach pain. The sickness laid me up in bed for three days, but by Friday I was back to work, hectically trying to get a baptism ready for Saturday. It was tough and we had many stressful challenges. Our baptism required a special interview, the baptismal font didn’t work and I had to repair it. It was tough, but we fought hard all week and we won. Saturday night I had my fifth baptism in Bella Italia. I had the honor of baptizing Jorge Neto. It was great. We had small numbers in attendance at the baptism, but it was incredibly spiritual. Right before the baptism, President Da Silva showed up to do the special interview. That was when he told about my new job as a Zone Leader. I will be a Zone Leader in a small city Named Trenta y Tres (or Thirty Three). I’m super excited! This morning we had a special meeting in Carrasco with President DaSilva and it went quite well. My new companion is named Elder Gonzales and he´s from Chile. Interesting huh?

Well so that is all for now about this past week.

Dad, there is an Elder Nathaniel Hofeling here from Cedar City, UT. He’s finished his mission and is going home this week. I’m sending a small package home with him. It doesn’t contain much, but I hope you enjoy it. It’s going to be kinda weird, but just follow the instructions that are included and you´ll eventually figure it all out. I figure for Thanksgiving or some time before Christmas, you should be going through Cedar City. You’ll just have to drop on by and go pick it up. It’s mostly letters that I don’t want to keep with me on the mission and other strange things. Just so you know, Elder Hofeling will want to talk with you for a while and he would love to tell you all of the stories and things we have done together in Montevideo. So you may want to go there with a little bit of time.

Well I hope you can find him. Wait about a week or so before you have to contact him. He and his parents will be in Uruguay for about a week before returning home to the U.S.

Well… LOVE YOU GUYS A TON!
Elder Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment