Monday, February 8, 2010

Short and Sweet

February 8, 2010

Dear Mother, Father, family and friends,

Well I’m going to make it short this week. It’s been a little hectic and I’ll just have to let you know more about it later. For now it was another week. I have seen more miracles this week. I feel that I have served with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I also realized this week that I do have a love for the people here in Sarandi Del Yi, Uruguay. I too bore my testimony yesterday in fast and testimony meeting. We had a very special spirit in the meeting and it was very clear to me the things of this world that are true.

We have had rain every day this week also. The rivers all rose above the banks and left hundreds without homes. On Friday, my companion and I went around looking to just serve in any way that we could. Uruguay never ceases to amaze me. One day I think this place is under control and the next thing I know, something happens and I realize that this place is wild.

We have a baptism planned for this Saturday at 7:00 pm. I’m very excited and I feel like I’m making great progress as a missionary. Well like I said, for now I’m going to keep this one short. I’ll let you know more later. I love you all so much, be careful. I’m also being careful… very, very careful… I promise! I’ll keep you all in my prayers as I know you have with me.

Love,
Elder John P. Sluder

1 comment: