Wednesday, December 29, 2010

More Challenges and New Companion

December 28, 2010

Dear Family,

What an interesting week...

All was well with me for a little while after the Christmas day phone call. I was getting ready for bed when I started to get a fever on Christmas night. It got kinda bad. I had probably the worst head pains I have had in years. I felt super, super, super sick. I called Hermana DaSilva and she told me what to buy and what to do for myself. I suffered the entire night and when the morning came I was just glad it was day time again. I’m now on heavy doses of Amoxilina and I am getting better. My ears don’t hurt any more but I’m still not 100%. On Sunday I was bad enough that I didn’t even go to church. I suffered some more until yesterday and finally started to feel somewhat better.

I’m currently in Montevideo and today has really been a nightmare. Half of the Tres Cruzes bus terminal burnt down a few days ago, so they had to reroute all the bus traffic to another place. Because of the situation, it has left the missionaries confused in all sorts of different places in Montevideo. I’m trying right now to round up my entire zone and head back to 33. It’s super confusing and very, very frustrating. On top of that, this morning the branch president from Vergara decided to join us on the bus and got offended at something I said.

We had a meeting with President Da Silva this morning, but he was extremely busy. We have scheduled a very special meeting with him later this week about our situation in 33. I can’t wait for his help. We might actually be able to make some headway.

Well this is all I really have for you now. Oh… my new companion is named Elder Roisum from Missouri. He’s a good kid and I’m extremely excited for this next change!!!!! We’re going to do miracles.

Besides all of this, all is well for now. Thank you for the money. It helped out a lot. I’m getting a lot better and feel by tomorrow I will almost be 100% otra vez! (again). Well love ya…

ELDER SLUDER

No comments:

Post a Comment