Monday, November 1, 2010

Another Week in Bella Italia

October 25, 2010

Dear Family,

Another week has gone by and I’m doing just great! I had a very interesting week. No baptisms this week, but we did have one intercambios of companions that I had to do, so that was a little difficult. I can’t believe how fast the time is going. I kinda think it’s scary.

For now we don’t have any baptisms planned until at least the 6th of November. We did have an awesome experience this past week though. We had a charla with Victoria’s Dad and he told us he had received an answer on the Book of Mormon and he knows it is true. SUPER COOL LESSON! But he is now in a dilemma. He says that he wants to get baptized, but the problem is that he works every Sunday. We left him with the promise that if he continues praying and tries, God will make it so that his work schedule will change. He told us he only wants to get baptized if he can obey the commandments and he really wants to live the commandments! Anyway, with this promise we also scheduled a baptismal date of the 6th. We are super pumped-up.

Dad those plans sound spectacular! Please consider one small change if you can. Can we stay in Uruguay one and a half to two weeks? During this time, I’ll show you all the craziness here and I want to make sure that we will be able to go to the sealing of the family that I baptized. (So far so good… they’re still on schedule) Think about it. Anyway, we will probably spend several days in Minas and definitely stay for three days in the hostel next to the temple here in Montevideo. I’m super excited! I am also really looking forward to seeing Juan and Jackie Rubio while in California. Let them know that for whatever reason they, have really been on my mind and that I wish them well and that I love them. I also look forward to seeing all the other people there too. Oh, one last thing. Make sure that the Stake President knows cause I really don’t know how the whole release thing works with us traveling home. I imagine though it won’t be too much of a problem.

Okay… now thinking of Christmas, there are only two things that I really want. One is a set of half metal guitar strings and half nylon guitar strings and the other is a nice capo. Besides these things, send me whatever you want. I don’t really care this time around. There isn’t anything I really desire as of right now.

Dad can you get me the address of Kyle Parkinson? That would be great if you could. Well tonight I’m looking forward to having tacos with my district. Last night I made up the tortillas (out of scratch) and now I’m going to go home and prepare the meat. Yep, I’m the cook! I’m super excited!!! Besides all of this I am doing great!!!! I love you all and can’t wait to see you soon.

LOVE ELDER SLUDER

PS: One more side note: when you come to Uruguay make sure that you guys have a current temple recommend!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. yes cause it would suck to get all the way there and realize you forgot them or they just expired

    ReplyDelete