Monday, March 14, 2011

Another Week of Hot, Hard Work!

March 14, 2011

Dear Family,

Well another week of hot, hard work has passed. Nothing too exciting has been going on here in good old, mild Uruguay. This place is super tranquilo. Uruguay is actually known for being natural disaster proof. I think the biggest natural disaster that has ever happened here is maybe a tornado which was very, very unusual. You don’t need to worry too much about natural disasters.

We had a very hard week of work and really tried our best to GET IT DONE this week. So far, I don’t really know if we’re going to have a baptism anytime soon. We are teaching a guy that has came to church a lot, but he smokes and he’s got schizophrenia. It’s made for some really interesting lessons! I’m just gonna pray we can see some sort of miracle and just get him baptized Saturday. If it happens, it will be the last baptism my comp will ever have as a missionary and it will bring him to a total of an even 20.

We did hear some of the news of the tsunami, but I really haven’t really seen much. I’m kinda secluded from the world as a missionary. For example, we also had daylight savings time change, but had no idea until it was too late. We woke up an hour early for no reason..... Ha ha ha

Well for now that’s all I really have to say... Oh the welds on the handle bars of my bike broke last night… so now I’ve got to fix that one too..... IT’S A PIECE!!!! As for right now, I’m okay. Next week I’ll know the new changes and know about my new comp and possibly even a new area.

I’m sad to hear of the passing of Brother Colling. Please send my condolences also.

Well I love you all so much. Thank you for everything.

LOVE, ELDER SLUDER

P.S. Memory cards can be bought here for relatively the same price as in the U.S. Maybe we should just do it that way... we can talk about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment