Monday, September 13, 2010

A Week of Training and a Baptism on Saturday

September 13, 2010

Dear Family,

What a week I have had! It’s actually been pretty dang good! On Tuesday, I had to work with the zone leaders in a different area for the day. Then on Wednesday through Friday, I had to work in barrio 14 in Montevideo with Elder Jacobsen. The mission is having the district leaders learn some new things from these special meetings we have to go to. Then we will have intercambios (splits) with other missionaries to train them on the things we have learned. It’s been a really fun week. On Saturday we had the baptism for Alexandra Ferriera Camejo. It worked out wonderfully and we are planning on having many more baptisms.

Another investigator, Victoria is definitely very interesting. She is a stellar investigator and has been reading the Book of Mormon like crazy. Last night she agreed to be baptized on the 9th of October with her father.

On Saturday night I received a call from Federico and Virginia from Minas. They got married on Friday and are now baptized members of the church. He mentioned that now their next step is to go through the temple one year from his baptismal date. ITS SUPER FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! I called Elder Maluff and told him about it and he immediately started to cry to me over the phone! He said that he now knows that all the time we spent in Minas looking for people was now all worth it!

Today we had a district activity and went to the temple here in Montevideo and cleaned it! My companion and I got the opportunity to go down and scrub the oxen on the baptismal font. We learned a ton from the temple presidency and got the opportunity to just go sit in the celestial room for about 30 minutes. Super awesome activity and it made our district super happy.

Next week I will be emailing on Wednesday because I have a special leadership meeting for two days in Carrasco. Super fun!

Well I’m doing great right now.  I’m just hanging in there. I love you so much. Included is a picture of me and my companion Elder Young in taken front of the Montevideo temple today.


Love,
Elder Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment