Thursday, August 19, 2010

From Punta Del Este

8/16/2010

Dear Family,

The pictures you guys sent to me are great! Thanks! I really loved them! I’m so happy to hear that you had a successful reunion and that all went well!

I have had a very difficult week myself. I am currently down here in Punta Del Este and today I have been going around with my district seeing the sights. I hope you guys like the pictures. If you can zoom in on some of them and you’ll see a lot of interesting things.

John on the famous Hand in the Sand sculpture. Thumbs up on the thumb!

Backpack on the beach

John and Hermana Kleinman

An artsy shot on the beach with his nametag in the foreground.

A shot of the city from the beach.  
The Hand in the Sand is in front of the buildings

I will be down here until tomorrow, head back to Minas and then on Wednesday morning there is a special meeting with a Seventy in Montevideo. So I’ll be traveling down there… again.

This past week Elder Mangleson and Elder Lopez didn’t get along at all! It was horrible. Elder Lopez just about called it quits and headed home and it really made for a rough week with a lot of drama. The truth is they don’t agree much about anything and don’t really like each other.

Federico and Virginia, our best investigators are still on schedule. They will be getting baptized the 11th of September. They are awesome and maybe, just maybe when you guys come to Montevideo to pick me up, they will be going through the temple and we will be able to join them. That’s my hope at least.

Changes will happen on Tuesday, August 24 and I’m almost positive I will be leaving Minas; six months in one area is a long flippin’ time! And to be honest, after this week I feel that it is time for me to go. The time seems to be flying and in the next little while I will be out one year in my time on the mission. It’s going quick!

Well have a great week. I love you and miss you guys a ton. Enjoy the pictures

Love, Elder Sluder

No comments:

Post a Comment